Since my business trip in June, I've neglected to share some big news.
We are going to need some more room in our bungalow... for a NURSERY!!
Here I am with my little butterball after Thanksgiving dinner, 20 weeks pregnant!
We had a fun baby "Gender Reveal" party with our families...
It's a BOY!
This week I had an opportunity to take my first, "real" business trip. I was very honored to attend a National Conference in Dallas, TX, with my boss and represent our agency.
|Dallas, Texas (June 2011)|
I didn't have time to check out any houses. But, we did get to take two nights out on the town.
|Me and my boss at the 2011 Gala|
|RJ's Mexican Cuisine|
|Heart Attack Grill |
(If you know me, this place totally contradicts my typical health-freak stance.
But hey, rules are meant to be broken... right?)
As you can see, I did what I do best a this conference...
a lot of eating, learning, meeting people, exploring and talking!
I recently scored an under-$20-deal on ebay...
Check out my new, white Ballard Designs pillow next to my faithful, brown Pottery Barn pillow.
Well hello, Gorgeous!
I had no idea that I loved them until I visited my friend Hollie's home a few years ago.
It was love at first sight...
Be sure to check out Hollie's site and house tour at I'm Busy Procrastinating!
A few months later, while house hunting with my husband, we found our first home... a bungalow on a boulevard of many others. I couldn't wait to show Hollie photos at work and hope to steal bits and pieces of her ideas when I could.
I just can't get enough of bungalows by living in one or by stepping outside and looking at the neighbors', so I continue to
find inspiration and ideas for our home get my bungalow fix here:
Happy weekend, all!
Hi, all! We are alive over here at A Bungalow Project! Since I began my new job, I've had many new experiences and a very busy schedule! Our bungalow has become a home I truly live in and use every day. Can you believe it's been 6 months since I blogged? It has flown by for me. Here's what you've missed.
- My husband's best friend planned a destination wedding in the Riviera Maya, and we took the trip of a lifetime. I can't tell you the last time I felt that peaceful and happy!
- I met a few "celebs"...
- Ran my 3rd mini marathon with my dearest friends...
- Bet on horses in Louisville on Derby Day (attending the actual Derby is still on the bucket list.)
- Although I have lived in Indiana my entire life, I finally went to Indianapolis Motor Speedway for the first time. I'm not really into racing, but a local radio station chose our charity as their charity of choice for the Media Pit Crew Challenge where the winner receives a $5,000 donation for their charity. We were about 6 seconds and a bad lugnut away from winning!
- Found some warm weather to start working outside on our home again... my boulevard petunias are beautiful!
- And, just celebrated my 25th birthday!
Can't wait to catch up and see what I've missed from you and get some great ideas for ABP this summer!!
Happy New Year! I am excited to share our holiday photos with you today and celebrate that we've lived in our bungalow for an entire year now! We have accomplished so many projects here. Although many of them weren't the pretty, cosmetic things I wished for, I'm proud of the improvements we have made thus far and am looking forward to what this home has in store for our future.
Before I get ahead of myself, let me share the photos from our holiday decor! We did minimal things that could work for both Christmas and New Years. We hosted our First Annual New Year's Day Open House & Hangover Brunch. We are still a young couple, so we don't have a gazillion steralite boxes filled with decorations plus we found it hard to justify spending so much time setting decoration up right now since we must travel out of town to visit each side of our families!